Bionik is building a dynamic team to develop new transformational technologies and solutions for individuals with neurological disorders. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who enjoy working in a high paced, collaborative and goal-oriented environment. Bionik is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation, employee benefits and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in an outstanding and intellectually challenging work environment.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to submit your resume.
Senior Software Developer
Position: Senior Software Developer (Back-end Developer)
Join Bionik Laboratories, and become part of a dynamic team that develops solutions for individuals with neurological disorders and mobility challenges. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative and goal-oriented environment.
Bionik is a global, pioneering robotics company focused on providing rehabilitation solutions to individuals with neurological disorders. Bionik has a portfolio of products focused on upper and lower extremity rehabilitation of stroke patients. Currently, the Company has three products available on the market and is driving development on new platform products.
The Senior Software Developer is part of Bionik’s engineering team and will work collaboratively in a small team environment. The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and maintaining backend software for new medical device products. We are looking for someone who has a passion for developing cutting edge software, is excited by the impact that medical devices make, and enjoys working collaboratively as a member of a high performing team.
- Design and develop software modules and their associated interfaces of a software application for new medical device products
- Architecture and framework development for next generation of products
- Work closely and collaborate with other software team members, both internal and external to ensure architectural integrity, product quality and punctuality
- Write design documentation as required by the software development process
- Conduct testing on developed software and user validation
- Participate in peer code reviews, scrum meetings, and design and documentation reviews
- Support existing software platform
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with database management
- Experience with end-to-end development (concept to market release) for at least 1 product
- Experience with Linux & Windows Platform
- Experience with TCP/IP stack and other network protocols
- Experience maintaining a software repository and Git revision control system
Nice to have:
- Experience in various architectural styles and associated design patterns
- Experience with API development
- Experience with Agile software development process
- Experience using Jira or other similar development management software
- Experience in medical device industry; understanding of IEC 62304 software development process and familiarity with ISO 13485
- Experience working with external contractors/consultants
- Competitive compensation
- Employee benefits (medical, dental & health spending account)
- Matching RRSP program
- Intellectually challenging work environment
- Great downtown Toronto location!
If this sounds like your future, please apply with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Bionik Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes & encourages applications from people with all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates participating in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those best suited to our current needs will be contacted.