Bionik is building a dynamic team to develop new transformational technologies and solutions for individuals with neurological disorders. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who enjoy working in a high paced, collaborative and goal-oriented environment. Bionik is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation, employee benefits and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in an outstanding and intellectually challenging work environment.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to submit your resume.
Senior Systems Engineer (Boston)
Position: Senior Systems Engineer
Join Bionik, and become part of a dynamic team that develops solutions for individuals with neurological disorders and mobility challenges. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative and goal-oriented environment.
Bionik is a global, pioneering robotics company focused on providing rehabilitation solutions to individuals with neurological disorders. Bionik has a portfolio of products focused on upper and lower extremity rehabilitation of stroke patients. Currently, the Company has three products available on the market and is driving development on new platform products.
The Senior Systems Engineer is part of Bionik’s engineering team and works collaboratively in a small team environment. The candidate will be responsible for driving system architecture, system requirements, risk management, system integration, verification and validation ensuring design compliance to the system requirements and standards while balancing business objectives for new medical device products. We are looking for someone who enjoys driving solutions, making a huge impact in people’s lives and working collaboratively as a member of a high performing team.
- Apply a cross-functional and collaborative approach to the planning, design, development, compliance and launch of neuro-rehabilitation devices
- Own risk management and drive hazard analysis, failure mode and effects analysis and risk mitigations
- Translate customer, marketing & business requirements into system requirements
- Work with software and hardware engineers to translate systems requirements into implementation requirements (e.g., software requirement specifications, sub-system requirements)
- Define system architecture and sub-system interfaces, requirements and behaviours
- Create verification and validation plan
- Conduct verification and validation and generate reports
- Conduct formative and summative usability assessment
- Ensure cross-functional design compliance (hardware & software) with the system requirements and standards/regulations while balancing business requirements such as cost and time to market
- Maintain both high and low-level knowledge of the products and communicate technical & non-technical details both internally and externally (customers, contractors, auditors)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and application of systems engineering processes, best practices and tools
- Support with low-level hardware and software development
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering (Systems, Mechatronics, Computer Science or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience in system engineering related role on products involving both hardware and software development with atleast 1 year in medical devices development
- Experience with end-to-end development (concept to market release) for at least 1 product
- Experience in driving system architecture, requirements management, risk management, system integration, verification and validation
- Strong inter-personal, collaboration and written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of ISO 14971
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile development process
- Experience using Jira or other similar development management software
- Understanding of IEC 62304, ISO 13485, IEC 62366
- Understanding of HIPAA, GDPR & cyber-security
- Experience working with external contractors/consultants, customers and auditors
- Competitive compensation
- Employee benefits
- Matching retirement programs
- Intellectually challenging work environment
If this sounds like your future, please apply with your cover letter and resume.
Bionik Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes & encourages applications from people with all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates participating in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those best suited to our current needs will be contacted.